Saturday, April 12, 2014

Recovery

Last night wasn't as bad as the first night. I slept except for when the machines started beeping. No one seems to know why it keeps getting air in the line. I sent Jon home last night so he could get a good nights sleep, but Bolt wouldn't settle down because he was looking for me. I guess he finally curled up and fell asleep, but then woke Jon up at 5:00 to look for me again. He's definitely a mama's boy. Jon has gone out of town and Bolt looked for him for a few minutes and then went to sleep. Why can't he do the same thing when I'm not there? Jon even tried using Face Time to call me in hopes that Bolt would see me and settle down. It didn't work, Bolt didn't understand what Jon was doing with the phone. He did lick the phone though, so I got to see my baby and get a kiss from him. :)

I was starting to get tired of the liquid diet: juice, jello, and broth.
 I wanted to chew something. I wanted real food! I asked when I would be able to eat and they said as soon as I passed gas.
Well I finally did, and boy was I happy!!! I told my nurse and expected real good for lunch. But when lunch came it was jello, broth, and juice again. By this time I was starving and getting cranky. Commercials were killing me because it all looked so good! Pizza, ice cream, steaks, hamburgers, taco bell....you knew I was hungry because I'm not a fan of beef.
I asked my nurse if more food was coming and she said it wasn't her that could make the change, it was the doctor. The doctor had come in at 6:00 this morning, so I figured I wouldn't see him again till tomorrow. So I asked her if she knew when the doctor would be in and she went to find out. Turns out she saw him before he left for the evening and talked to him. He said I could start on soft foods at dinner.
I've never been so excited to not see the same thing. This time they gave me Cream of Mushroom soup (just the liquid), tapioca pudding, jello, juice, and milk.
I'm hoping for something better tomorrow, but I think it's gonna be a slow road to get back to eating normal.

No comments: