Sunday, April 13, 2014

Recovery part 2

Today I'm feeling almost back to normal. Except for being sore when I move and not being able to get a deep breath to blow my nose, I feel fine.

This morning I got pancakes and a menu to choose the rest of my meals. I'm on a soft diet, but it's better than jello and broth. My colon is still healing so I need to go easy on it for a few weeks. Which means no insoluble fiber. So no whole wheat, bran, sunflower seeds, celery, potato skins, corn, fruit skins, nuts, popcorn.......

I had several visitors this weekend, and I'm so glad they came. It gets boring just sitting there in your room with only basic cable channels and no DVD player.

The doctor came in early in the morning and said that the plan was to send me home Monday, but he wanted me to have a bowel movement first to make sure everything was working properly. I figured this would be what would keep me in the hospital a few extra days. Late afternoon my stomach started doing something it had never done before. I could feel something moving around and I figured it was just gas. About 10 minutes later I had this weird feeling and decided to go to the bathroom. I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to feel it moving through me from now on, but I passed my last requirement so it looks like I should be able to go home tomorrow.

My IV started leaking so the nurse tried a few things to get it to stop, but it seemed like my arm just wasn't going to hold the IV anymore. So I asked if the nurse could just take it out. She looked to see if there was anything else they were going to have to give me by IV, and there wasn't, so she took it out. So now I'm free and don't have to work around the tubes or worry about unplugging the machine in hooked up to when I want to go for a walk or go to the bathroom.

I'm so excited to go home and sleep in my own bed curled up next to Jon and Bolt.

No comments: